What I learned about animal cruelty

I've been listening to the book "Eating Animals," by Jonathan Safran Foer, which has been quite an eye-opener! I knew deep down in my heart that there was a BIG problem about the way we get our food--particularly our meat--mostly, how they end up at our tables, or at least at the supermarket counters/fridges, but I was in deep denial about the ghastly things that happen behind the scenes. This book has put the issue front and center for me, and I cannot quite continue to ignore the fact that by consuming animal products, or at least by staying quiet about it, I am just as guilty as the slaughterer and sadistic factory farmer.

More on the subject later.

Comments

  1. will you be vegetarian? Lent's happening now, you know... as good a time as any

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Popular posts from this blog

Double Bee Farm's planting party

A little bit of idle chatter...

A Full Life