The Morning After...

It's the morning after. I feel despondent and angry (but not surprised).

Early this morning I received a survey from a website I subscribe to (Bold Progressives), who wanted to capture my thoughts about last night's debacle. So rather than reinvent the wheel, my answers below are a clear enough expression of what I feel today.

Q: What do you think the Progressive Movement should do next?
A: I don't know that there is much we can do, really. How can a bunch of losers like us, who don't have the time to go around rallying troops, canvassing people--we all have jobs and not all that much free time, like the Reds do--nor the money to throw at commercials that spout lies all over the place, accomplish? It's the same old story: the rich will always prevail. The paradox here though is how so many "common folks," those who really don't fall under the category of "rich" or even "well-off," have also been suckered into believing that the Republican alternative is a better alternative for them; I guess they're all living under the illusion that they too will be "rich" someday... I say good luck on that one! (It's a very exclusive club, that one.)
Q: Do you think Pres. Obama and congressional Dems should fight harder for progressive policies, or seek middle ground with Republicans?
A: (See above) I don't think it matters at this point. No matter what the President tries, as Boehner so clearly put it, their (Republicans) ONLY agenda during the next 2 years will be to ensure that Obama be "a one-term president." Isn't that clear enough for ya? And they have the weapons to do it too. They have the fat wallets, they have the power, they have the cunning to accomplish it. Like I said before; if they've successfully suckered poor old Joe down the street into buying into their agenda, then they can do anything! Let the rotten mud rise to the surface, is what I say.
There is a saying that “the people get the government they deserve;” perhaps this country deserves the toxic atmosphere that is brewing within government quarters today. Perhaps if people are so gullible and so incapable of using common sense when planning for their future, then we should all just all merrily line-up behind the flautist on our way to the abyss and call it a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of idle chatter...

Double Bee Farm's planting party

A Journey into my Faith