After The 8 Years of the Bush/Cheney Disaster, Now You Get Mad?So, somebody PLEASE, explain to me the logic of this!
- You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a president.
- You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed energy company officials to dictate energy policy and push us to invade Iraq.
- You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got ousted.
- You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.
- You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.
- You didn’t get mad when we spent over 800 billion (and counting) on said illegal war.
- You didn’t get mad when Bush borrowed more money from foreign sources than the previous 42 Presidents combined.
- You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars in cash just disappeared in Iraq.
- You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.
- You didn’t get mad when Bush embraced trade and outsourcing policies that shipped 6 million American jobs out of the country.
- You didn’t get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.
- You didn’t get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.
- You didn't get mad when Bush ran up 10 trillion dollars in combined budget and current account deficits.
- You didn’t get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed Army Hospital.
- You didn’t get mad when we let a major US city, New Orleans, drown.
- You didn't get mad when we gave people who had more money than they could spend, the filthy rich, over a trillion dollars in tax breaks.
- You didn't get mad with the worst 8 years of job creation in several decades.
- You didn’t get mad when over 200,000 US Citizens lost their lives because they had no health insurance.
- You didn’t get mad when lack of oversight and regulations from the Bush Administration caused US Citizens to lose 12 trillion dollars in investments, retirement, and home values.You finally got mad when a black man was elected President and decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they got sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, job losses by the millions, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, and the worst economic disaster since 1929 are all okay with you, but helping fellow Americans who are sick... Oh, Hell No!!?
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Now you're mad?
I received this email today. I thought I'd post it here, because these are the questions I ask myself (and would love to ask others) every day: